Adult Reengagement Summit 2018
On November 28, 2018, the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) convened over 200 leaders with the following objectives:
- Understand the critical need to increase educational attainment among adult learners in Washington.
- Explore strategies by Washington institutions and national experts to address systemic and policy barriers facing adult learners.
- Expand partnerships to support adult learners in reaching their academic and career goals.
Materials and Presentations
Successful State and Regional Models
Focus Session 1: Supporting Adult Student Success
- Hilary Loeb, Project Finish Line
- Jodi Strote, Greater Minds Initiative
- University of Washington Continuum College & Inside Track
Focus Session 2: Serving Adults Through Effective Policies
- Joel Simon, Council on Adult and Experiential Learning
- Kristi Wellington-Baker, State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
Focus Session 3: A Broader Approach to Affordability