Skip to main content | (360) 753-7800

Closed School and Teach Out Information

Continue your education in Washington State

Students are encouraged to explore options for continuing their education at another college or university in Washington. This information may help you plan your next steps.

Many schools have staff who will help students with admissions and financial questions. Contact admissions offices at schools to find out if you'll be able to get credit for your work or from other experiences. You may also consider contacting schools authorized to operate in Washington about the possibility of transferring credits.

Financial aid

FAFSA and WASFA information

Have you filled out this year's FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)? If not, fill it out ASAP. If you have filled it out, you'll need to update the school information when you decide where you want to continue your education. If you aren't eligible to fill out the FAFSA due to immigration status, you may be eligible to fill out the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid).

For help filling out the FAFSA or WASFA, attend a College Goal Washington event near you. We'll have a list of events soon.

Get information about federal aid 
GI Bill benefits

If you are using GI Bill funds, you'll need to let the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) know if you switch schools. Log into your eBenefits account on the VA website or call 888-442-4551.


Public community and technical colleges

Regional educational opportunities

Washington’s public community and technical colleges offer a wide variety of degrees, including associate and bachelor’s degrees. With 34 colleges across the state, there’s likely a college near you and there may be a program in the field you were studying. 


Other colleges and universities

These schools offer bachelor degree programs.

Public colleges and universities

Private colleges and universities

Find a complete listing of colleges and universities in Washington State



Information about apprenticeships

Apprenti is a state-accredited program that offers free training followed by a one-year of paid, on-the-job training in the tech industry. To help the tech industry diversify their workforce, Apprenti actively recruits women, minorities, and veterans. They hire apprentices every three months. 


Fraud complaints

Get information about filing a fraud complaint

Examples of fraud include, but are not limited to, evidence that the school lied about: 

  • Job prospects. 
  • Cost of attendance. 
  • Whether credits could be transferred. 
  • Its educational services, like teacher qualifications and method of instruction. 

Fraud can also include loss of tuition and fees due to an unfair or deceptive business practice. 

Get information about filing a complaint with WSAC

Get information about filing a fraud complaint with the Office of the Attorney General



Get help finding a job

WorkSource Washington can help you find employment or training. They have over 60 locations across the state, including Spokane, Everett, and Seattle. 

School closure information

ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute

On June 14, 2019, Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced that as a result of an investigation, Student CU Connect LLC (CUSO) will provide debt relief for 100 percent of its student loans for deceiving ITT Technical Institute students when it issued the loans. Read more on the Attorney General's website

Effective 9/6/16, ITT Technical Institute permanently discontinued academic operations at all of its campuses, including those in Everett, Seattle, and Spokane. 


Some schools may require your ITT transcripts. You can request your ITT transcripts from Parchment. If you attended ITT in 2001 or prior, you may request your transcript from the Washington Student Achievement Council by submitting a Transcript Request Form

Federal aid information

ITT students who did not complete their degree because of ITT's closure will have Pell Grant eligibility restored.

Fraud complaints

File a complaint with the Washington State Office of the Attorney General (AGO). Filing a complaint will help the AGO identify common student issues and advocate for students to the Department of Education and in court. Be sure to keep all documents and emails from the school.

Altierus College

Altierus College

Students can request transcripts from Parchment, a third-party records management company, on their website. Altierus College previously operated under the following names:

  • Everest College
  • Ashmead College
  • Bremerton Business College 
  • Bryman College 
  • Eton Technical Institute 
  • Puget Sound Institute of Technology 
  • Seattle Massage School 

Art Institute of Seattle

Art Institute of Seattle

Students may request copies of official transcripts by submitting the Transcript Request Form on this page of AI’s website. 

Washington Technology University

Washington Technology University

Washington Technology University (WTU) never gained accreditation before it closed in 2022. 


Some schools may require your WTU transcripts. You can request your transcript from the Washington Student Achievement Council by submitting a Transcript Request Form


School Teach Out

Covenant Bible Seminary


Goddard College


Washington Polytechnic Institute