Child Care Grants

The child care grants program was established in 1999 to address the need for quality, accessible child care at the public higher education institutions. For public four-year universities, funding is $75,000 per year. The state grant must be matched at least dollar-for-dollar by the administration or student government association at each participating institution. All six public four-year baccalaureate institutions receive annual grant funding.

The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges administers a similar grant for the public two-year institutions. All grants are awarded for a period not exceeding two years and must be used to provide high-quality, accessible, and affordable child care for students with children. 

Students interested in support for child care purposes are encouraged to contact their college or university.