American Indian Endowed Scholarship
- Applications are currently closed. The 2021-22 American Indian Endowed Scholarship application will be available in December 2020.
The American Indian Endowed Scholarship helps financially needy students with close social and cultural ties to a Washington State American Indian community pursue a college education. Funding is prioritized for upper-division and graduate students. Students can use the scholarships at public colleges and many accredited independent colleges in Washington.
Scholarship awards range from about $500 to $2,000. Approximately 15 students are selected each year to receive the awards. These students are eligible to receive their college scholarships for up to five years. Renewal scholarships are not automatic and require submission of the application each year.
Past recipients have careers in law, medicine, education, business, and resource management. All have returned, or plan to return, to their tribal communities to work on behalf of Indian peoples within the state.
About the Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need based on a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Meet Washington State residency requirements for financial aid.
- Intend to enroll full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student at a participating public or private college or university in Washington State.
- Intend to use your education to benefit Washington’s American Indian community.
- Not pursue a degree in theology.
- Not yet have received a total of five years of this scholarship.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Application currently closed.
1. Read the application instruction sheet.
2. Compile and complete the required attachments.
3. Complete and sign the American Indian Endowed Scholarship application form.
4. Print and mail the application and required attachments to the Washington Student Achievement Council:
- For the 2021-22 scholarship, materials must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2021.
The 2021-22 scholarship application form and instruction sheet will be available in December 2020. You may wish to review the prior year instruction sheet and prior year application for general information about the process and required materials.