Spring Counselor Workshops
About the Workshops
In Spring 2019, The Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC), and the Washington College Access Network (WCAN) will team up for Spring Counselor Workshops across the state. In the past, these workshops have provided information for:
- School Counselors
- Career Counselors/Specialists
- District-Level College/Career Staff
- College Admissions Staff
- Nonprofit Organization Staff
Workshop Objectives and Outcomes
- Learn about upcoming policy and system changes in the school counseling program model around evidence-based school counseling and personalized planning. Share and strategize with regional staff that have effectively used statewide resources for postsecondary pathways.
- Engage with regional colleagues and learn how schools and communities work together across complicated systems to improve student success and strengthen the college-going culture in schools.
- Grow with us as we delve into the world of financial aid and understand ways that students can finance their postsecondary education (including: types of financial aid, troubleshooting special circumstances, and how to read award letters).