Pave the Way Conference
About the Conference
The annual Pave the Way conference focuses on strategies to advance equity, increase college readiness, and broaden access to higher education in Washington State. The conference brings together educators, policymakers, and community partners from across the education system, from preschool through college. Pave the Way aims to ensure historically marginalized students receive the support they need to succeed.
The 2019 conference will take place December 11 at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Join the Pave the Way listserv to receive updates about this year's conference.
- Share effective policies and strategies that address barriers faced by historically marginalized student populations in Washington to support their educational success.
- Mobilize, inspire, and engage P-20 educational partners in Washington through meaningful professional development.
- Engage P-20 educators and advocates in the intersect of policy, practice, and implementation to increase progress toward the state’s educational attainment goals.
Session Proposals Now Being Accepted
Submit your session proposal online. (You may preview the questions here.) We welcome session content highlighting policies, best practices, and partnerships designed to increase educational attainment among underrepresented and historically marginalized populations in Washington. We encourage session proposals for dynamic presentations that engage attendees through an equity lens in one or more of the key areas of focus below:
- Affordability: Creating affordable, high-quality pathways toward completion of certificates and degrees, including apprenticeships and other career-connected learning opportunities.
- Enrollment: Improving readiness, transitions, and college-going culture among traditional-aged students, in addition to the recruitment of stopped-out adults with some college credit and no degree.
- Completion: Bolstering institutional policies, resources, and services to support student success and completion in K-12 and college.
- Student Supports: Ensuring access to and coordination of non-academic supports (e.g. institution support services, public benefits, and community-based resources) for students in need.
Breakout session length: 75 minutes
Deadline to submit proposals: October 11, 2019
Upon approval of session proposal, selected presenters can register to attend the full conference at a reduced rate.
Registration is now open!
- Early bird rate: $95
- Regular rate (after September 8, 2019): $125
- Late rate (after November 25, 2019): $155
- Breakout session presenter rate: $80
All rates include lunch and continental breakfast on the day of the event.
Accepted forms of payment
- Credit card: Visa and MasterCard only.
2019 Conference Schedule
Details to come.
|7:30-8:30 a.m.||Doors Open and Continental Breakfast|
|8:30-10:00 a.m.||Morning Keynote|
|10:15-11:25 a.m.||Breakout Session A|
|11:40 a.m.-1:10 p.m.||Afternoon Keynote w/ lunch|
|1:25-2:35 p.m.||Breakout Session B|
|2:50-4:00||Breakout Session C|
Location & Parking
University of Washington—Husky Union Building (HUB)
4001 E. Stevens Way NE
Seattle, WA 98195
Parking passes may be purchased at gatehouses surrounding campus (see parking info link above). Parking areas close to the HUB include the Padelford Garage ($15/day) and self-serve E1 parking lot ($5/day).
Be sure to read the signs! Parking is enforced on all days at all times, so please make sure you park legally.
A limited number of rooms are available at the Silver Cloud Inn – University District at the state per diem rate. Attendees do not need to be state employees to obtain this rate, but do need to specifically reserve as part of the conference block.
Special rate: $189 plus taxes until October 1, 2019—prevailing GSA per diem rate for King County after October 1, 2019. This rate is only available for check-in on December 10, 2019.
To reserve, follow the online reservation instructions or call the hotel at (206) 526-5200 or (800) 205-6940 and mention the conference "Pave the Way" to receive this preferential rate. This offer expires at 3:00 P.M. on November 17, 2019.
Interested in sponsoring Pave the Way 2019?
Download our sponsorship information flier to learn about sponsoring this year's Pave the Way conference.
Contact Christina Crawford (360-753-7629) with questions, or to become a sponsor.
Benefits by Sponsorship Level
|Complimentary conference registrations||8||6||4||2||1|
|Highlighted in digital program||200 words for
logo, and URL
|200 words for
logo, and URL
|50 words for
logo, and URL
|50 words for
|Sponsorship recognition slide displayed on large screen||Individual||Individual||Individual||Shared||Shared|
|Logo included on shared sponsorship banner||♦||♦||♦|
|Banner ad in digital program||30-second
|Verbal recognition in conference welcome||♦||♦|
|Individual major sponsor banner||♦||♦|
|Push notification in digital program||♦|
|Optional brief stage time||♦|
Clock hours will be available
We anticipate offering clock hours for this event, available through Educational Service District 113. More information will be available in the early fall.
Visit our archives for information about past years' Pave the Way conferences.