Pave the Way Conference
About the Conference
The annual Pave the Way conference focuses on strategies to advance equity, increase college readiness, and broaden access to higher education in Washington State. The conference brings together educators, policymakers, and community partners from across the education system, from preschool through college. Pave the Way aims to ensure students receive the support they need to succeed, despite potential barriers related to income, race, and more.
The 2018 conference will take place November 29 at the University of Washington in Seattle. Join us November 28 for a preconference summit focused on strategies to reengage adult learners.
Join the Pave the Way listserv to receive updates about this year's conference.
- Share effective policies and strategies for educational success among the state’s most disenfranchised and underrepresented student populations.
- Mobilize, inspire, and engage P-20 educational partners in Washington through meaningful professional development.
- Engage P-20 educators and advocates in the intersect of policy, practice, and implementation to increase progress toward the state’s educational attainment goals.
Call for Session Proposals
We welcome content highlighting policies, best practices, and partnerships designed to address the opportunity gap and promote educational attainment for underrepresented students throughout the P-20 educational system in Washington. We encourage session proposals for dynamic presentations that engage attendees in one or more of the key areas of focus detailed below:
- Affordability: Affordable postsecondary education.
- Readiness and Transitions: Preparation, access, and transitions to college and/or the workforce
- Student Supports: Resources and services to support student success and completion in K-12 and college.
- Regional Approaches: Unique educational and economic challenges and opportunities for specific regions within the state.
Registration now open!
- Early bird rate: $95
- Regular rate (after November 16, 2018): $125
- Presenter rate: $80
All rates include lunch and continental breakfast on the day of the event.
Accepted forms of payment
- Credit card: Visa and MasterCard only.
WSAC is considering offering a special student registration or reduced rate for this year's Pave the Way conference. Students wanting to attend the conference are encouraged to fill out the student interest form.
University of Washington—Husky Union Building (HUB)
4001 E. Stevens Way NE
Seattle, WA 98195
Parking passes may be purchased at gatehouses surrounding campus (see parking info link above). Parking areas close to the HUB include the Padelford Garage ($15/day) and self-serve E1 parking lot ($5/day).
Be sure to read the signs! Parking is enforced on all days at all times, so please make sure you park legally.
Conference room blocks: A limited number of rooms are available at the state per diem rate ($149 plus taxes) at the Silver Cloud Inn – University District. To reserve, call the hotel at (206) 526-5200. Mention the conference "Pave the Way" to recieve this preferential rate. This offer expires at midnight on November 15, 2018.
Interested in sponsoring Pave the Way 2018?
|Benefits by Sponsorship Level||Platinum
|Complimentary conference registrations||8||6||4||2||1|
|Advertisement in program (full color)||Full Page||Full Page||Half Page||Quarter Page|
|Organization name listed in program||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Sponsorship recognition slide displayed on large screen||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Logo included on shared sponsorship banner||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Verbal recognition in conference welcome||♦||♦||♦|
|Individual major sponsor banner||♦||♦|
|Optional brief stage time||♦|
Clock Hours Available
Clock hours will be available for this conference. Check back for details.
Visit our archives for information about past years' Pave the Way conferences.