The ISLS Group
Washington is currently working to implement Common Core State Standards (CCSS) across the state, which is debuting in classrooms in this 2013-14 academic year. In order to ensure successful implementation of CCSS, the state will need to coordinate the work being done to form a common vision and plan for implementation.
The Improving Student Learning at Scale (ISLS) Collaborative, convened by the Washington Student Achievement Council, is working to guide implementation efforts relating to CCSS. Washington is one of six states that were selected by the National Governor’s Association to establish a collaborative, along with Arizona, California, New Hampshire, West Virginia, and Wyoming. During the next year and half, the Washington team plans to address the following objectives:
- Create a common vision between organizations for the work to be carried out.
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan.
- Facilitate planning and coordination across the state.
- Identify and connect CCSS implementation efforts across the state.
Click here to read the full ISLS grant.
- Washington Student Achievement Council
- State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Council of Presidents
- State Board for Education
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Washington State Legislature
- Governor’s Office
- Partnership for Learning
- Independent Colleges of Washington
- Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board