Supplemental Education Transition Planning (SETuP) Program
The purpose of the SETuP Program is to assist foster youth in successfully making the transition from high school to postsecondary enrollment, career or service.
The Washington Student Achievement Council contracts with six non-governmental organizations to provide SETuP services to students, with the goal of improving high school graduation rates and postsecondary plan initiation by two percent each year over five school year periods. Services may include:
- Case management to complete developmental tasks that increase high school and postsecondary success.
- Facilitate youth access to and participation in appropriate school and local resources that may assist in educational access and success.
- Collaborate with the student, caregivers, schools, and social workers to support youth progress in the educational system.
The student is eligible for SETuP services if they are:
- In foster care in Washington State.
- Between the ages of 13-21.
- Enrolled in high school or a GED program.
- Service Area: Skagit, Whatcom, Island, San Juan and Snohomish counties
- Seattle YMCA
- Service Area: King County
- Pierce County Alliance
- Service Area: Pierce and Kitsap counties
- Community Youth Services
- Service Area: Clallam, J efferson, Mason, Grays Harbor, Thurston, Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Skamania and Clark counties
- Volunteers of America
- Service Area: Spokane, Stevens, Lincoln, Adams and Whitman counties
- Catholic Child and Family Services
- Service Area: Yakima, Kittitas, Klickitat, Benton, Franklin and Walla Walla counties