Suicide Prevention Grant
Suicide Prevention in Higher Education Grant Program
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) administers a partnership grant program that helps resource-challenged postsecondary education institutions create partnerships with health care entities to develop student suicide prevention programs.
Partnerships must include both a postsecondary education institution and a health care entity, and may include a wide variety of optional partners, such as any of the following:
- Community-based organizations.
- Additional postsecondary education institutions. (In other words, a group of postsecondary education institutions may form a consortium to apply for a grant.
- Additional health care entities.
- Other partners that will enhance the ability of the partnership to develop and/or implement its project.
Senate Bill 6514 authorized the program, which awarded grants to the following postsecondary education institutions in 2019:
- Central Washington University
- Divers Institute of Technology
- Everett Community College
- Grays Harbor College
- Heritage University
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Spokane Community College
- Washington State University
Currently, no funding is available for projects. However, the legislature may authorize funding in the future.
These materials may contain information useful for informing future project proposal development. However, their appearance on this webpage does not constitute WSAC endorsement or guarantee any scoring preference.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Preventing Suicide: A Technical Package of Policy, Programs and Practices
- Community-University Partnerships for Research and Practice: Application of an Interactive and Contextual Model of Collaboration
- Program and Strategy Examples from Across the U.S.
- Veterans Training Support Center
- Washington State Suicide Prevention Plan