BOARD MEETING AGENDA
State Investment Board Room
2100 Evergreen Park Drive SW, Olympia
Approval of January Meeting Minutes
Moderate Degree Change for Approval: CWU, Bachelor of Science Aviation Management and Bachelor of Science Professional Pilot (Resolution 11-04)
New Degree Program for Approval: UW Seattle, Master of Science Sustainable Transportation (Resolution 11-05)
Report of the Executive Director
Don Bennett, HECB executive director, will discuss key Board and staff activities.
Update on Legislative Session and Budget Status
Staff will provide the Board an update on pending higher education legislation and budget status.
Summary of 2011 Higher Education Legislation
State Revenue Forecast and Budget Status
Strategic Master Plan Update
- Work Session: The context and scope of the Master Plan update; review of major goals, objectives, and strategies; and the timeline for the work ahead.
- General Discussion: Board members and stakeholders will discuss key issues to be addressed in the Master Plan update.
- Randy Dorn, Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Charlie Earl, Executive Director, SBCTC
- James Gaudino, COP, President, CWU
ACT Presentation: American College Testing (ACT) staff will review the findings of their recent report “A First Look at the Common Core and College and Career Readiness.”
- Scott Frein, Director of Strategic Development
- Sherri Miller, Assistant Vice President, Educational Planning and Assessment System Development
College-Ready Students and Classroom-Ready Teachers
Educators for the 21st Century Program and Student College Readiness Update
Staff of the Washington Scholarship Coalition, will brief the Board on the activities and accomplishments.
- Christine McCabe, Executive Director, College Spark Washington
- Mary Beth Lambert, Marketing and Communications Consultant, Washington Scholarship Coalition
__ __ __ __ __ __
Public Comment:A sign-in sheet is provided at the meeting for public comment on any of the items above.
Meeting Accommodations: Persons who require special accommodation for attendance must call the HECB at
360-753-7800 as soon as possible before the meeting.