Strategic Action Plan
The Council will consider adoption of the 2014 Strategic Action Plan in November. The draft 2014 Strategic Action Plan outlines the critical, immediate steps to meet Washington's two attainment goals.
- All adults in Washington, ages 25-44, will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 70 percent of Washington adults, ages 25-44, will have a postsecondary credential.
The draft proposals, which align with the Council's 2013 Roadmap report, were developed with input from stakeholders across the sectors.
2014 Draft Strategic Action Plan proposals
- Maintenance Level Requests
- Fulfill caseload requirements for the College Bound Scholarship.
- Protect maintenance-level funding for public two- and four-year institutions.
- Policy Recommendations
- Serve more State Need Grant-eligible students.
- Expand the reach of dual-credit opportunities.
- Support underrepresented students.
- Reinvest in State Work Study.
- Develop an affordability framework.
The Council will submit its next Strategic Action Plan to the Legislature and Governor in December of 2014.
Strategic Action Plan Archive